Summer Safety Tips for Children
As the warm weather starts to settle in, children are looking forward to spending more time outdoors. During the long days of summer, we gather to enjoy cookouts, swimming, sports and other fun. While it is important for children to play outside and be physically active, we need to make sure they are staying safe. We have created 20 outdoor safety tips to help your children safely enjoy the outdoors this summer!
- Establish safe play areas.
- Do not speak to strangers.
- Never leave children without supervision when playing outside.
- Set check in times with your child.
- Teach kids not to play near a street.
- Check outdoor play areas for debris and sharp objects.
- Keep a basic First Aid Kit nearby.
- Keep grills away from outdoor play areas.
- Surround electrical appliances and pools with fences so kids cannot reach them.
- Keep gates closed and make sure they latch properly.
- Lock up barns, garages and storage sheds.
- Actively supervise children at all times when in or around water.
- Require kids to wear helmets when riding a bike, skateboard, roller skates, etc.
- Cover screws and bolts on play equipment with plastic caps.
- Remember to hydrate.
- Provide shade in play spaces.
- Apply sunscreen and insect repellent as needed.
- Teach kids poisonous plants and animals to avoid.
- Make sure kids wear the proper gear when playing sports.
- Give kids a whistle to signal when they need help.
As a locally owned business, there is nothing more important to us than the safely of those in our community. When it comes to outdoor summer fun, our backyards are where it’s at. The grills are fired up, the pools are filled and we’re ready to enjoy the sunshine. Unfortunately, along with the fun, there are also plenty of dangers lurking in our backyards. We have attached a video below to help you assess vulnerabilities in the back of your home.
If you feel that your home is vulnerable and want to invest in reliable security, we invite you to contact us today or visit us at execsecurityconsult.com. Have a safe and healthy summer 2021!
Comments are closed.